- The Covenant of Water – Abraham Verghese’s amazing novel set in Kerala, India
- Chasing History – Carl Bernstein’s memoir of his early days at the Washington Star.
- Home Waters – John N. Maclean writes about his father and the writing of A River Runs Through It
Film, TV, and Podcasts:
- Oppenheimer – Christopher Nolan’s film about the man and the atomic bomb project
- 1883 and 1927 – Prequels to the TV series Yellowstone – Kevin Costner’s modern Montana rancher family series. Violent but good.
- The Bear – Hulu series about a Michelin chef who returns to run the family sandwich shop. Excellent characters and gritty storyline.
- Broadway Nation – David Armstrong’s podcast series about the history of musical theater.
Favorite blogs and websites:
- https://kate-ballbach.squarespace.com/ Seattle friends living in London and exploring Europe with their kids. Truly good writing about everyday living.
- http://www.gandt.com/ A Navy/Pan Am colleague who writes excellent aviation fiction and non-fiction
- https://alexandradaneblog.wordpress.com/ A blogger/memoirist friend